When choosing a pallet professional, you may want to consider several factors.
- Is the pallet manufacturer a member of the Canadian Wooden Pallet and Container Association or National Wooden Pallet and Container Association (CWPCA or NWPCA)?
- Do they have a reputation for quality? Check with some of their customers.
- Do they offer SPEQ (Specified Pallets, Engineered for Quality) pallets - a quality assurance control standard?
- Can they show you the actual cost per trip of your pallets?
- Do they use PDS, a computer aided design system to engineer the right pallet for your exact unit load needs?
- Customer Service
- What's their approach to customer service and delivery?
- How would they deal with a potential problem with your order? Ask them, and check their references.
- Are they a member of the CWPCA or NWPCA, the international associations of pallet manufacturers, recyclers and distributors?
- Can they provide you with your material handling options?
- Have they taken the time to learn about your specific materials handling needs?
- Unit Load Specialists
- Can they provide services like pallet management, recycling, pallet disposal or materials handling consulting?
- Will they help you manage your pallets, allowing you more time to focus on your core business?
- Will they partner with you to help you meet the demands of ECR and reduce cycle time?