Looking for long-term savings? Maximized value? Environmentally friendly options? Start with wood. Wood pallets are the only pallets made from a reusable, repairable, recyclable and renewable resource. To help you get the most for your money, consider these tips:
North Star is an esteemed member of both the Canadian and National Wooden Pallet and Container Association. We would be happy to work with you to ensure you get the most value for your money. Call us anytime at (780) 449-6050.
- Use standard size and multiple use pallets whenever possible. They are easier to purchase, cheaper to repair and can save you money on shipping costs.
- Think cost per trip. Don't buy pallets based solely on initial purchase price. Consider the long-term usage. A pallet's cost per trip = purchase price/# of trips the pallet is designed to make before its first repair.
- Make sure you get what you pay for. It's a good idea to perform quality inspections on your pallet order, or be sure the pallets are manufactured and repaired to your specifications.
- Teach proper pallet handling. By properly training forklift operators, warehouse crews and others on the basics of proper pallet handling, you'll prolong the pallet's life. To order a training video contact us at North Star Pallets.
- Use professional pallet repair facilities. Pallets need proper maintenance and repair to achieve full cost savings potential.
- Consult us at North Star Pallets. We will help you develop a cost-effective pallet plan that meets your materials handling needs.